Tuesday, July 3, 2012

#3 Japanese BBQ with my co-workers

One of the central conversations in our office is about food. We are a very diverse blend of people here but we all love to try new and interesting foods. Our office is located close to midtown Manhattan, so we are surrounded by restaurants serving food from all over the world. Prior to joining the Armada team, I had the pleasure of enjoying Japanese Sushi & Hibachi. Now I'm thrilled to have tried Japanese Barbeque at Gyu Kaku ( http://www.gyu-kaku.com/ny/midtown.htm) on a recent night out with my co-workers. I am amazed that this is actually a franchise (which I associate with fast food) as opposed to the top notch dining experience we enjoyed! Similar to Hibachi, in the sense that there is a grill in the center of the table, but there are no crazy chefs flipping shrimp tails into their pockets here. The staff will bring you your menu selections prepared, seasoned, and raw. They will carefully explain the proper timing for cooking each item and leave you to your own devices. As Mayu is from Japan, she was able to explain in detail the delightful dishes we shared. Appetizers included a Japanese cucumber salad (heavenly!), edamame, and salmon that was cured and served with seaweed. The main course stretched over the hours to include various types of beef, pork, chicken, and shellfish. Even the drinks and dessert were amazing. I am so blessed to work with amazing people whose company I enjoy, and I definitely am looking forward to our next night out!

No comments:

Post a Comment